The transfer station is a service of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako.
Please call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako office for information on materials accepted, and the Environmental Services Department will answer your questions 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Wednesday, and Friday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Thursday and Statutory Holidays
Materials Accepted For Disposal
- Common Household Garbage
- Small Volumes (Less Than 2 m3, Standard Pick-Up Truck Box) of Construction / Demolition Waste
Materials Accepted For Recycling
- Clean Wood Waste – Untreated, No Paint, No Stain
- Metal Products
- Propane Tanks
- Crushed Food Cans Auto Hulks – Restrictions On Disposal (Call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako for more information)
- Appliances – $16 Fee Is Charged For Appliances Containing Ozone Depleting Substances (Freon)
- Glass – Clean Food Jars
- Auto Batteries
Any materials that are usable, or that may be salvaged, can be brought to the Reuse Shed. Items in the Reuse Shed are then free to the general public. (Please note the Reuse Shed is closed until further notice).
Bike Collection Area
An area for the collection of old bikes and reusable bike parts that may be salvaged by the general public.
Materials Not Accepted
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- Contaminated Soils
- No Creosote Treated Wood Products
- Used Oil Products and Filters